Ergonomic & Workplace Assessments Perth
The Hidden Costs of Office Work
Work related injuries and musculoskeletal disorders has become a genuine public concern.Desk work has been linked to not only musculoskeletal dysfunction but also to other mental and cardiovascular health conditions. This can affect a desk worker’s overall quality of life as well as long-term health, which is why we offer ergonomic and workplace assessments at Perth Wellness Centre.
What We Aim to Do:
- Help reduce the impact of being desk-bound on Australian workers
- Improve productivity in the workplace
- Reduce costs associated with repetitive strain injuries
- Reduce burden of health and chronic conditions
- Empower Australian workers with self-management approaches to office musculoskeletal pain
- Ergonomic assessment and detailed reporting
- Customised and personalised workplace modification
- Tailored self management programs
- Individual case follow-up
- Screening for musculoskeletal health
- Workshops on counteracting the effects on sitting
Ergonomic Assessments Prevent:
- Musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Increase in numbers of days off work
- Future health ailments
If you struggle to work at your workstation and would like to find out more about how we can provide ergonomic assessments at Perth Wellness Centre, contact us today on (08) 9321 1964 today to make an appointment.
Studies show 71.2% of Australian workers report musculoskeletal discomfort in a 6-month period. This is more than half of employee’s that are not able to perform at 100% due to the condition they experience.
Not only do office workers experience musculoskeletal dysfunction, but mental and emotional ill-health. Subsequently, we look at the overall health of the person and their quality of life, including in the long term. If an employee is healthy within all aspects, their job performance and satisfaction will increase, therefore the person is able to perform duties well.
Interestingly, Safe Work Australia stated that the cost of workplace injuries is almost double the amount incurred on our country’s defence, at a staggering figure of $61.8 billion.
According to Safe Work Australia, over a third of injury claims are associated with musculoskeletal disorders from body stressing and fatigue. Contrary to many beliefs, these damages are accumulated over time, just like smoking a packet of cigarettes every day does not result in immediate compromise of your health.
It is a national priority in ‘Australian Strategy 2012-2022’ to ameliorate workers’ lost time, claim costs and musculoskeletal disorders through effective injury prevention programs, such as conducting ergonomic assessments on all employees.
Ergonomic Assessments Also Promote:
- Workplace satisfaction
- Better health awareness
- Proactive approaches to health and wellbeing